Monday, February 22, 2010

Century Tuna Superbods Run Results and Comments

Chip Time: 01:00:37

More than 11,000 runners flocked The Fort yesterday to participate in the much publicized Century Tuna Superbods Run! And I was one of them. Kudos to Coach Rio for another unparalleled running event here in the Philippines. Overall, I enjoyed my 10K race yesterday despite a few setbacks. My major complaint is the heavy downpour of participants which made it really difficult to run my own pacing from start to finish. In my past experiences, I could pull away from the flock halfway through the distance I'm running, but this time, runners were elbow-on-elbow literally from start to finish. A few times I caught myself saying "excuse me" to a couple of runners in front so I could pass through.

There is just so much that can be accommodated given a certain venue. If the roads were as big as Commonwealth Ave where QCIM (Quezon City International Marathon) was held, then all these 11,000 runners could enjoy their own pacing without a problem. Now I'm having a difficult time deciding whether to join Globe Run for Home or not. Big events like these are usually crowded :(

Coach Rio officially apologized in his blog for the advanced gun start. Apologies accepted though this really affected my run somehow. I was not able to warm up properly and I'm feeling sore thighs right now. As for my knee, thank you for cooperating! It didn't complain up to the last 1 meter! :D

I failed to run a sub-60 this time but I'm happy with the result. I was off by 37 seconds but I still ranked 102nd out of 628 runners in the female 10k category (based on chip time). That's good enough.

But hey, Century Tuna Superbods Run is still one of the most organized running events I've seen. Really, Coach Rio is becoming such a pro in organizing events. I still remember joining one of his races back in 2008. It was filled with boo-boos that I emailed him a complaint, hehe. But now he learned from his mistakes and has gone so far. No wonder the runners rush to register for his events.

Results are out!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Century run Rors... at least you know that you can do a sub-60 given ample running space.

    Register now for Globe run for home, see you there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I also participated in the run and I also enjoyed it. The crowd was energetic! It was amazing. The downpour of participants only shows how generous Filipinos are. I believe it was a benefit run.

    ReplyDelete