Friday, May 28, 2010

21k Nature Valley Run

I'm joining the 21k run of Nature Valley this Sunday, May 30, 2010. It is like a whirlwind. Friends prodded me to join and they registered me for the event even as I was being very indecisive about it. That was two weeks ago. We caught up with the last day of registration. In fact, registration for 21k was already closed then and I thought that was a sign that I was not ready yet to run a half-marathon. But Nature Valley opened 200 slots anew for additional 21k runners and we got in. They deducted P100 from our registration fee because they had no more singlets to give us.

There's only two days left before the biggest day of my running life comes and I'm bracing myself for whatever is in store for me on Sunday. I crammed my training in two weeks by completing 15k distances for three times during this period. In between my 15k days, I would run 5k or 10k for recovery. I feel my leg muscles stiffening already. I learned to consume Gu energy gels and I was forced to buy a hydration belt for practice.

I still don't think I'm ready but I'm eager to complete my very first half-marathon. It will be so sweet!

I'll post again after Sunday to tell you all what happened. Anyways, bring it!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your first 21K. Don't worry, there's always a first time for everything...Just last Saturday, I did my first 42K...Come Sunday, it will be your turn to be a half marathon virgin no more...:-)

    ReplyDelete